Home

What's New

News Release | MASSPIRG | Public Health

Some Good, Some Bad in Obama Administration Plan to Protect Antibiotics

Tomorrow the National Task Force for Combatting Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria will release a five-year action plan to tackle the growing problem of antibiotic resistance.  The plan will take several positive steps but largely miss an opportunity to call for critical reforms on antibiotic use on livestock.

> Keep Reading
News Release | MASSPIRG EDUCATION FUND | Budget, Tax

Massachusetts Receives "A" in Annual Report on Transparency of Government Spending

Massachusetts received an ‘A’ when it comes to government spending transparency.

> Keep Reading
Report | MASSPIRG EDUCATION FUND | Budget, Tax

Following the Money 2015: How the 50 States Rate in Providing Online Access to Government Spending Data

Every year, state governments spend hundreds of billions of dollars through contracts for goods and services, subsidies to encourage economic development, and other expenditures. Accountability and public scrutiny are necessary to ensure that the public can trust that state funds are spent as well as possible.

> Keep Reading

Pages

News Release | MASSPIRG | Public Health

Some Good, Some Bad in Obama Administration Plan to Protect Antibiotics

Tomorrow the National Task Force for Combatting Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria will release a five-year action plan to tackle the growing problem of antibiotic resistance.  The plan will take several positive steps but largely miss an opportunity to call for critical reforms on antibiotic use on livestock.

> Keep Reading
News Release | MASSPIRG EDUCATION FUND | Budget, Tax

Massachusetts Receives "A" in Annual Report on Transparency of Government Spending

Massachusetts received an ‘A’ when it comes to government spending transparency.

> Keep Reading
News Release | MASSPIRG Education Fund | Transportation

Transportation for Massachusetts, Conservation Law Foundation, and MASSPIRG Release 2nd Installment of Keeping On Track

T4MA, CLF and MASSPIRG release report on progress of funding and reforming transportation in Massachusetts.

> Keep Reading
News Release | MASSPIRG Education Fund | Public Health

Consumer Group Calls on McDonald's: Help Save Antibiotics

In a new phase of the campaign to stop the overuse of antibiotics on factory farms, MASSPIRG Education Fund is urging the world's largest hamburger chain, McDonald's, to stop serving meat raised with antibiotics. 

> Keep Reading
News Release | MASSPIRG Education Fund | Transportation

Transportation for Massachusetts Releases The Next MassDOT

The Next MassDOT: A Transportation Vision for the Baker Administration, a new publication from Transportation for Massachusetts, providesrecommendations for strengthening the state’s transportation network.

> Keep Reading

Pages

Report | MASSPIRG EDUCATION FUND | Budget, Tax

Following the Money 2015: How the 50 States Rate in Providing Online Access to Government Spending Data

Every year, state governments spend hundreds of billions of dollars through contracts for goods and services, subsidies to encourage economic development, and other expenditures. Accountability and public scrutiny are necessary to ensure that the public can trust that state funds are spent as well as possible.

> Keep Reading
Report | MASSPIRG Education Fund | Transportation

Keeping On Track

Keeping on Track provides you with updated information about the financial state of the Commonwealth's transportation system, completed statutory requirements, missed deadlines, and improvements made through new transportation investments.

> Keep Reading
Report | MASSPIRG Education Fund | Transportation

The Innovative Transportation Index

This report reviews the availability of 11 technology-enabled transportation services – including online ridesourcing, carsharing, ridesharing, taxi hailing, static and real-time transit information, multi-modal apps, and virtual transit ticketing – in 70 U.S. cities. It finds that residents of 19 cities, with a combined population of nearly 28 million people, have access to eight or more of these services, with other cities catching up rapidly.

> Keep Reading
Report | MASSPIRG Education Fund | Transportation

The Next MASSDOT

Massachusetts is at a pivotal moment with regard to transporation. In recent year, the Commonwealth has taken the first steps toward reversing the transportation system's long slide into debt and decay. Long-awaited reforms to transportation agencies are under way. Long-deferred projects to repair and modernize our transportation system are finally moving forward.

> Keep Reading
Report | MASSPIRG Education Fund | Consumer Protection

Trouble in Toyland 2014

Among the toys surveyed this year, we found numerous choking hazards and five toys with concentrations of toxics exceeding federal standards. In addition to reporting on potentially hazardous products found in stores in 2014, this installment of the report describes the potential hazards in toys and children’s products.

> Keep Reading

Pages

Blog Post | Transportation

Transportation: Historic Snowfall Reveals We Have a Long Way To Go | Kirstie Pecci

This week Transportation for Massachusetts, the Conservation Law Foundation and MASSPIRG released their second progress report on funding and reforms created by the Transportation Finance Act of 2013. The report, Keeping on Track: Our Second Progress Report on Reforming and Funding Transportation Since Passage of the Massachusetts Transportation Finance Act of 2013, evaluates the progress made and the challenges that have arisen since enacting that law.

> Keep Reading
Blog Post | Consumer Protection

Your Rights as an Air Traveler | Andrew Fish

A quick roundup of your rights concerning flight delays, cancellations, and what to do if the airline loses your bag.

> Keep Reading

Pages

Support Us

Your tax-deductible donation supports MASSPIRG Education Fund’s work to educate consumers on the issues that matter, and to stand up to the powerful interests that are blocking progress.

Learn More

You can also support MASSPIRG Education Fund’s work through bequests, contributions from life insurance or retirement plans, securities contributions and vehicle donations.